Mandrake 9.0 and Dell TrueMoile 1150 ad D-Link 650

  • imp_fishman2
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002

      I just performed a dual boot of Win2k and Mandrake 9.0 on a Sony Vaio
      PCG-F340 and everything is peachy except for the wireless card.

      First I tried it with the Dell TrueMobile only and it picked it up as
      the wlan_cs (Intersil Prism II card) but it still did not activate,
      so I rebooted and tried it with Windows to see if maybe the card was
      faulty, but it worked very well in windows.
      So I went back to Linux and tried to put in a USB-LinkSys device so
      that I could download some stuff. That was detected fine as eth1 with
      pegasus drivers. Then I looked at the Dell card (eth0) and even
      though the module says wlan_cs when I try to configure it, it picks
      both eth0 and eth1 as pegasus drivers (even when I removed the USB
      Linksys). I then tried to manually change the module to orinoco_cs
      and it still reverted to pegasus. I am so frustrated and don't know
      what to do. The same thing happened with the DLink card.

      Can someone please help me because I need to do work this weekend for
      a project? THank you in advance.

      -IMP