Re: [linux-dell-laptops] RH 7.3 and Nvidia

  • Ian Bell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2002
      On Thursday 28 Nov 2002 10:30 pm, yasir chaudry wrote:
      > Yes i believe so I selected my card at install and check skip configx

      Ah, so you did not accept the defaults, you selected your card. I found if
      you just let rh7.3 get on with it things are fine. Unfortunately the
      standard free nv drivers do not work with the geoforce 2 so if you select
      your card X will not work. Clearly rh knows this as the default for a
      geoforce card is is a vesa driver. If you install, make no card selections
      and do NOT skip the X config it will work fine. The display is not as fast
      as with nvidia's own drivers but you will only notice the difference on
      games. If you want the speed, once you have got the display going as above
      you can download and install the nvidia drivers and get the speed increase.
      This is just what I did on this Dell 3650.

      HTH

      Ian