redhat 8.0 | geforce2go | UT2003

  • Dhruba Bandopadhyay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002
      Hello,

      I have an I8100 and am new to the list. The faq and the small community
      here is simply wonderful. Do you have an irc channel?

      Question:

      My previous distro was debian woody and I had used the Nvidia tarballs
      to install drivers; UT2003 ran fine. My current distro is redhat8 and I
      used the 7.3 rpms but after rebuilding them; UT2003 jerks a little.

      Does it affect the graphic performance of the system if you rebuild
      Redhat 7.3 rpms from the nvidia website and then install them as opposed
      to using tarballs?

      Many thanks.
      Dhruba Bandopadhyay.