Problems with KDE 2 on Mandrake 7.2 SOLVED!!

  • jfcervera@jazzfree.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hello everybody again,
      Now at last, I found what's happening to my Mandrake 7.2 – KDE 2
      system. When the KDE doesn't work and I closed the X, I always read
      that KDE have found some problem with X libraries and said that those
      don't have support for locals.
      At first I tried to get sure that I have installed all the local
      files I could need, but the problems remained.
      Then I guessed that the problem could be that this libraries haven't
      had been compiled for local management (as I'm Spanish I prefer to
      have my environment in Spanish, of course) and then I decided to re-
      install Mandrake in US language.

      And of course it WORKS!!. So I have my KDE 2 environment working but
      with US configuration. Tough I don't mind, I prefer to have it in my
      own language, so what I'm going to do now is to download the latest
      version of Xfree 4.01 hopping that it support locals.

      I'm a bit worried about the modeline for 1400x1050 and the refresh
      frequencies. Is there no harm to use so high Vertical Freq, as the
      LCD top is 60 HZ?