Re: Temperatur weirdnes

  • Calum Mackay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2002
      Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
      > On I4000 (bios A16):
      > fn+# Toggle CPU speed
      >
      > It seems to switch the CPU speed: Switching to "high" is accompanied by
      > a high-pitched beep, to "low" speed is accompanied by a low-pitched beep
      > (should that be written as buuurp?). I don't know whether this is
      > speed-step or the good old' "turbo" button re-invented (and
      > inverted...).

      Very interesting. This also works on my C400 (A08).

      This does not seem to be SpeedStep though. This system is a SpeedStep
      one, 866/600Mhz. Measured using Fn-# toggles BogoMips between 850 and
      190, and the dynamic BIOS still shows cpu speed as 866MHz.

      Linux kernel doesn't report any change.

      Anyone know how this works?

      cheers,
      c.