How to install on external HD

  • Roberto Cariggi
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hi guys

      maybe my problem is uncommon

      I have a DELL notebook (latitude CPx) with 2 HD the standard internal HD
      one and another (in the modular bay).
      Windows is on the first (internal HD), I need to maintain it there because
      work reason.

      So the problem is how to install linux (RH7 in my case) ?

      CDROM and external HD can't be mounted at the same time (even with the
      cable), I think because the IDE has only 2 channel (and one is used by the
      internal HD.

      I tried to move the distribution files (all the CD) on the HD, and the
      start the autoboot.bat but the installer claim that it can't find the
      distribution files. (maybe it can't read a file system with more than 8+3
      namefile.)

      is there any other way to install the system

      thanks in advance

      Roberto.