Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Altering track pad behavior

  • Richard Simpson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
      On Sat, 02 Dec 2000, you wrote:
      >I'm using an Inspiron 4000 (that I just succeeded in installing RH 7 on) and
      >I'd love to be able to eliminate that obnoxious click-by-tapping feature on
      >the track pad.
      >
      >How can I do that?

      Get the touchpad driver from http://compass.com/synaptics.

      Mind you, the version I downloaded (which I think is the latest) doesn't seem
      to come with any sort of documentation, so I haven't managed to figure out how
      to use it yet. But I've got the source now so I'm sure I will figure it out.

      Richard Simpson
      Farnborough, Hants, Uk Fax: 01252 392976
      rsimpson@...
    • lsarang@cs.sunysb.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2000
        > Has anyone else got this working? If so, any ideas on why I cannot
        > run kppp more than once?

        I can disconnect from kppp and then rerun it but most of the time it
        dosn't work..

        I found that when I disconnect and connect again, kppp hangs.. and
        then i kill it and do a 'lsmod' and i see a "2" in front of ltmodem..
        thus the driver is being used and i can't rmmod it!

        A quick solution is to disconnect, stop kppp, remove all module, load
        the modules again and restart kppp.. whew! put all this in a script
        file and u're set to go!

        Q: Is there any way to forcefully remove a module even if it shows
        that its being used? that'll be great!

        -sarang