install linux/red hat 6.2 ob laptop cpt (newbie needs help)

  • Tarun Anand
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Well, I am a linux newbie and I was having the same problem. I have just
      installed the barebones version without X windows/GNOME etc. Also, the
      version of XFree that ships with linux does not work with Inspiron models
      (maybe some others but I have an Inspiron 5000e) There is a version of XFree
      4.0.1 available somewhere which works with 5000e.
      Can someone point me to the right url which explains how this is done in a
      simple manner.

      Thanks,

      Tarun

      From: kent.vahlen@...
      To: linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] install linux/red hat 6.2 ob laptop cpt
      Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:06:44 -0000

      hi
      i am trying install red hat on my laptop. boot on cd. I start good
      but after i choose install mod the laptop are haning. Do some have
      som new way to go around this problem

      Kent Vahl´┐Żn