RE: [linux-dell-laptops] NTFS support Redhat 7.1 Inspiron 8200

  • Thomas Applegate
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hmm, when that happened with me...(Took me close to 20 tries to get it
      to work) I realized that I had to run lilo after I made the .bzimage and
      remember to move the file as a bzimage and not as a vmlinuz bzimage is
      for larger kernels. Also, you will want to keep your old kernel to boot
      from incase you mess up. What you do first is put the bzimage into the
      boot directory then make sure the lines in lilo.conf are set up then run
      /sbin/lilo and you should be able to boot. I do not remember the exact
      settings for my dell but I do know that I can quickly compile my kernel
      now. I just look at the options and see what I want, need, and don't
      need. Just remember compiling kernels are fun. Look at it like a game
      and not as a project you'll be able to compile it faster. Oh and use
      your gut and trust your sixth instinct you'll get it no problem. LOL

      Sincerely,

      Thomas Applegate
      President TerroristsClan.org