Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: can't watch DVD using xine or ogle

  • Ian Bell
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2002
      On Wednesday 30 Oct 2002 9:49 pm, Jon Goldberg wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am using the stock
      > drivers that were detected by the XF86Config-4.
      > Goldberg

      In that case you may improve things by downloading and installing manucfaturer
      supplied drivers. I have a Dell 2650 with an nvidia geoforce video chipset
      and the stock redhat install uses a vesa driver for X. Whilst this works it
      is slow because the hardware acceleration is not used. I downloaded nvidia
      linux drivers from their web site and it now works much faster.

      Check your video chipset maker for linux drivers.

      Ian