[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Video problem

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 1999
      On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:40 -0700, you wrote:

      >Does anyone know how to
      >correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
      >bios?

      I don't know about this. Which window manager are U using ?

      Neil

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
    • mittewil@bigfoot.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16, 1999
        <37974122.34585173-@...> wrote:
        =15
        > On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:40 -0700, you wrote:
        >
        > >Does anyone know how to
        > >correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
        > >bios?
        >
        > I don't know about this. Which window manager are U using ?
        >
        > Neil

        I am using gnome but it also does this in kde or when xdm is running.

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
      • bkitchen@slxcg01.csw.l-3com.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 10 10:43 AM
          I have a Dell Latitude CPiA laptop running Red Hat Linux 5.2. After
          some hacking, we managed to get it to run X even with the notorious
          Neomagic 256 chipset. Except for one thing: when you close the screen
          (causing the machine to suspend), and then reopen it, the graphics are
          corrupted. This is not a problem in Windows. I am assuming that the
          graphics card gets shut down on a suspend, and must be reinitialized,
          which is handled nicely by the Windows drivers but not by Linux. I
          notice you posted a query for help about a similar problem with your
          Latitude CP M233XT. Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

          - Brent Kitchen

          =14