Installing RedHat without CD or Network?

  • Ives Stoddard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2002
      Hi,

      I can't use a CDROM or Network card (3c590d) because the PCMCIA controller
      can't be detected. I'm guessing PCMCIA-CS will work, but I have no idea how
      to incorporate this into a boot disk for the install.

      Does anyone know of any other methods for installing Linux on a laptop that
      actually work?

      i.e. Can I create a partition at the end of the drive, copy the
      installation CD to it, install RedHat, then later delete the partition and
      expand the linux partitions? (what would be the best way to expand the
      linux partition?)

      Thanks,

      Ives