RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Further to dual boot problems

  • patrick.desouza@ifrinternational.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      Sorry for not being aware off red's Hat installation procedure but
      following your description, you "should" find your lilo.conf file
      right under : /root/etc.
      THis is true if we assumes that you did install linux under "/" on
      your /dev/hda2 partition.
      The point is that if you already have a "root" directory comming with
      the "rescue" installation, this may be confusing ...

      An other way, after having launched the rescue procedure, just create
      a special directory such as : /mnt or /dummy by doing :
      cd /
      mkdir dummy

      and then mount the volume :

      mount /dev/hda2 /dummy