RE: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Further to dual boot problems

  • Rob Yale
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28, 2000
      Ok folks,

      Thanks to all the helpful replies, I finally am the proud owner of a
      dual-boot Inspiron 4000! Here's what I did:

      1) I created a fips disk and shrunk the Windoze partition so that it was
      well below the 1024th cyl.

      2) Booted off the RH 7.0 CD and started re-installing

      3) Used fdisk to create partitions, swap, extended partition containing: /,
      /usr, /opt, /usr/local, /home, /winlin (shared win and lin).

      4) installed lilo on MBR

      Thanks again,

      Rob Yale