Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Further to dual boot problems

  • scsijon
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 28, 2000
      Rob, you could always copy rawrite/rawrite2 and the particular boot disk
      files (one per disk) across to your C: drive (in a dos window), change to
      floppy and run it from there (again in a dos window).
      That's the way we use to do it.

      hope it helps
      scsijon
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 28, 2000
        Ok folks,

        Thanks to all the helpful replies, I finally am the proud owner of a
        dual-boot Inspiron 4000! Here's what I did:

        1) I created a fips disk and shrunk the Windoze partition so that it was
        well below the 1024th cyl.

        2) Booted off the RH 7.0 CD and started re-installing

        3) Used fdisk to create partitions, swap, extended partition containing: /,
        /usr, /opt, /usr/local, /home, /winlin (shared win and lin).

        4) installed lilo on MBR

        Thanks again,

        Rob Yale