Re: Other modelines besides 1400x1050 for ATI Rage MB?

  • Carsten.Borchardt@web.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2000
      hi,
      i have a similar problem. couldn't have any other screen resolution
      than 1600x1200. however, after using 16bit color depth instead of 24
      or 32 the buildin modelines of the X-server worked for all other
      resolutions like 600x800, 640x480 etc. i don't kno why, but it works.

      carsten

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@egroups.com, Vance Wheelock <vance@c...>
      wrote:
      > I have been trying to get all video modes to run on my machine. The
      > 1400x1050 mode that has been posted in the group works great on my
      > system. However when I switch modes to 1024x768, 800x600, and
      640x480 I
      > get a fat sqiggle down the middle of my machine. Do others
      experience
      > this? Does anyone have modelines for anything else besides
      1400x1050?