Inspiron 8000 questions

  • Mark Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2000
      I think I'm about to buy an Inspiron 8000 and configure it dual-boot
      for some version of Windows, plus Linux, and I have a few questions:

      (a) Does the 8000 come with an internal 56K modem and an
      internal 10/100 ethernet jack? If so, do they work
      with Linux?

      (b) If not, does anyone know of problems with getting
      a Xircon RealPort combo 10/100 + 56K card to work
      with Linux?

      (c) In reading the archives for this list (I just joined),
      it seems that a couple of people have succeeded in getting
      XFree86 to work with the 32MB ATI Mobility M4. Could someone
      post their XF86Config file for that? (Or, if posting
      XF86Config files to the list isn't considered polite, email
      them directly to me.)

      Thanks!

      --Mark