Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Can't compile Nvidia kernel driver on Mandrake 9.0!

  • John Britton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
      Ian,

      Did you install the development software package when you were installing
      Mandrake ? I had no issues with recompling either the Nvidia kernel or GLX
      modules thereafter. You definitely need to have the kernel-sources rpm
      installed. Also I recompiled the nvidia_kernel rpm before the GLX rpm, but I
      don't know if this should make any difference.

      John

      On Wednesday 02 October 2002 00:32, Mcleod, Ian wrote:
      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > I have managed to rpm --rebuild the glx module - however when I try to rpm
      > --rebuild (or even 'make' from tar file) of the latest Nvidia kernel module
      > - it dies toward the end with a message 'can not stat directory NVidia'
      > with a few errors prior to that (sorry - I don't have the log with me - I
      > can re-run it at lunch time and post it then if it helps - I know I am not
      > providing too much to go on).
      >
      > Has anyone had any success compiling the NVidia kernel module on Mandrake
      > 9.0 yet?
      >
      > Ian McLeod
      > Customer Service Office (CSO)
      > EDS (Australia) Pty Ltd
      > Level 9, 108 North Tce, Adelaide, SA, 5000
      > Phone: (08) 8464 1304
      > Fax: (08) 8464 1508
      > email: ian.mcleod@... / SAGJustice@...
      >
      > e ...The recognised global leader in ensuring clients achieve superior
      > value in the Digital Economy

      Centre for Bioengineering,
      Trinity College,
      University of Dublin,