suspend to anything question

  • Kovacs Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002

      I am trying to set up suspending to ram on my inspiron 2600 under
      linux. Is there _anyone_ who has succeeded?

      I have removed every framebuffer and dri modules and even this way it
      is unable to suspend. Sometimes I can make it suspend with apm -s, but
      then it does not come back (at least I waited for 1-2 minutes).
      I recompiled the kernel with apm support and some other features in
      that part of the config, nothing has changed.

      $ dmesg | grep apm
      apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x03 (Driver version 1.16)
      $ cat /proc/apm
      1.16 1.2 0x03 0x01 0xff 0x80 -1% -1 ?

      If anyone has succeeded suspending to ram, or suspending to disk
      please write me how.

      Thanks,

      Ricsi