eepro100 on newer kernels (2.4.18-19)

  • wzwq2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi!
      On my Inspiron i8100 I'm using Linux Mandrake 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3),
      where the Ethernet Pro 100 card works VERY VERY well.

      I tried Mandrake 8.2 (kernel 2.4.18) and Mandrake 9.0 (kernel 2.4.19),
      and with both drivers eepro100 and e100 the card doesn't work!!

      Thus I'm sure it's a software problem. I looked in the forum but I
      didn't find a similar case.
      I tried to compile the Intel (or Scyld) drivers but, due to new
      organization of kernel headers, they don't compile.

      Any one knows how to compile the Scyld drivers correctly on a Linux
      with kernel >= 2.4.18?
      Why a newer kernel doesn't work with a card, while the old how work? I
      thought maybe it's problem in the Mdk scripts. But I tried with manual
      ifconfig and it does not work..

      Bye Simone