Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Mandrake 9 Final Problems on 8100

  • Biagio Lucini
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
      On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, tonberry99999 wrote:

      > Hey everyone, I'm having problems getting X to work under Mandrake 9
      > Final. I have the newest NVidia drivers
      > ( NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.src.rpm, NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.src.rpm)
      > but when i do a rpm --rebuild on the kernel rpm, i get a lot of
      > errors, and without that installed I obviously can't install the GLX
      > package. Anybody have a take on how to solve this?

      I recompiled them for RC3 and it was OK. What are the errors you are
      getting exacly?

      Biagio
    • Mcleod, Ian
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002
        Umm - firstly you may need to re-consider the level of description you provide in your subject headers.  I just posted a message for the exact problem.

        Had any luck yet?

        PLEASE let me know - or someone PLEASE post an answer if they have one.

        The last error I remember is 'can not stat directory NVidia'.  I will try to post the log if no one can help..

        It sounds like a lot of GeForce users will be posting many messages around the world - so perhaps we should all go forth and scour the Net for an answer if someone has already figured it out.
        Hey everyone, I'm having problems getting X to work under Mandrake 9
        Final.  I have the newest NVidia drivers
        ( NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.src.rpm, NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123.src.rpm)
        but when i do a rpm --rebuild on the kernel rpm, i get a lot of
        errors, and without that installed I obviously can't install the GLX
        package.  Anybody have a take on how to solve this?

        Thanks,
        Greg

      • Mcleod, Ian

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002

            It worked first time on my Latitude laptop. Did you install all of the appropriate development tool RPMS when you built your system?

            Also, you are doing all this as root right?

            Good luck!

            Darren.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
              kernel source package from third CD installed and drivers compiled perfectly.

              All okay now..