Can't compile Nvidia kernel driver on Mandrake 9.0!

  • Mcleod, Ian
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi everyone!

      I have managed to rpm --rebuild the glx module - however when I try to rpm
      --rebuild (or even 'make' from tar file) of the latest Nvidia kernel module
      - it dies toward the end with a message 'can not stat directory NVidia' with
      a few errors prior to that (sorry - I don't have the log with me - I can
      re-run it at lunch time and post it then if it helps - I know I am not
      providing too much to go on).

      Has anyone had any success compiling the NVidia kernel module on Mandrake
      9.0 yet?

      Ian McLeod
      Customer Service Office (CSO)
      EDS (Australia) Pty Ltd
      Level 9, 108 North Tce, Adelaide, SA, 5000
      Phone: (08) 8464 1304
      Fax: (08) 8464 1508
      email: ian.mcleod@... / SAGJustice@...

      e ...The recognised global leader in ensuring clients achieve superior value
      in the Digital Economy
    • John Britton
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2002
        Ian,

        Did you install the development software package when you were installing
        Mandrake ? I had no issues with recompling either the Nvidia kernel or GLX
        modules thereafter. You definitely need to have the kernel-sources rpm
        installed. Also I recompiled the nvidia_kernel rpm before the GLX rpm, but I
        don't know if this should make any difference.

        John

        On Wednesday 02 October 2002 00:32, Mcleod, Ian wrote:
        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I have managed to rpm --rebuild the glx module - however when I try to rpm
        > --rebuild (or even 'make' from tar file) of the latest Nvidia kernel module
        > - it dies toward the end with a message 'can not stat directory NVidia'
        > with a few errors prior to that (sorry - I don't have the log with me - I
        > can re-run it at lunch time and post it then if it helps - I know I am not
        > providing too much to go on).
        >
        > Has anyone had any success compiling the NVidia kernel module on Mandrake
        > 9.0 yet?
        >
        > Ian McLeod
        > Customer Service Office (CSO)
        > EDS (Australia) Pty Ltd
        > Level 9, 108 North Tce, Adelaide, SA, 5000
        > Phone: (08) 8464 1304
        > Fax: (08) 8464 1508
        > email: ian.mcleod@... / SAGJustice@...
        >
        > e ...The recognised global leader in ensuring clients achieve superior
        > value in the Digital Economy

        Centre for Bioengineering,
        Trinity College,
        University of Dublin,