Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Newbie APM Question

  • Jon Dreyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      > I would really like to stop the machine from suspending when I fold
      > the panel as I'll be running this machine 24/7 and it keeps the
      > keyboard clean, again I've done some digging but can find no concrete
      > way of altering this behaviour, the bios doesn't allow you to change
      > it so I assume I have to do something in linux.

      I don't know about the i5000e, but my i4150 has a bunch of
      power management settings in the bios. I set mine to keep
      running with the cover closed. My i4150 is my fastest machine
      and my usual way of operating is via X to my desktop, with the
      cover closed.

      I do have to do the trick of switching to a text virtual
      console (e.g. ctrl-alt-F2) so the resume doesn't garble the
      display, but that may be an i4150 quirk.

      Jon Dreyer
      http://www.pobox.com/~jdreyer/i4150/

      P.S. I just installed RedHat 8.0 (psyche). I'll try to update
      my page soon.