Re: I got the WPC11v3 card working :) but I have one question

  • jnesauer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      Andrew,

      Any chance you could email me the wpc11v3.html doc that you
      referenced here. I saw this a couple of days ago, but haven't been
      able to get the site to come up.

      -Josh
      josh at thesauerfamily.net

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Andy B <andy_b@s...> wrote:
      > Ok, i got it working. here's a small (prolly slightly incomplete)
      howto on how
      > to set it up on RH7.3 http://linuxboy.dyndns.org/wpc11v3.html
      >
      > now I have 2 pcmcia network cards. one wired interface (Netgear
      FA411) and
      > one wireless (Linksys WPC11v3) I want the wired card to be eth0 no
      matter
      > when I plug it in (i.e. first or second) next, I want to make the
      wireless
      > interface always come up as eth1. even if I put it in first or
      alone. next.
      > it used to work that when I plugged in the wireless or wired card
      it would
      > always use eth0, but DHCP would automagically run, that was great.
      now it
      > doesnt work like that anymore and I have to run pump manually :(
      >
      > Any ideas? ANY help is appreciated.
      >
      > RH7.3
      > stock 2.4.19 kernel
      > patched orinoco_cs 0.11b drivers
      > CVS version of libpcap
      >
      > since it USED to work (dhcp that is), I know it is just a config
      problem :)

      > --Andrew
    • Andy B
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        On Tuesday 01 October 2002 01:02 am, jnesauer wrote:
        > Andrew,
        >
        > Any chance you could email me the wpc11v3.html doc that you
        > referenced here. I saw this a couple of days ago, but haven't been
        > able to get the site to come up.
        >
        > -Josh
        > josh at thesauerfamily.net

        Yeah, sorry about that, aparently my computer was hit with the apache SSL worm
        and the university cut off my internet service ::GRRRRRRRRRRR::

        it's back up now but I'll send you a copy of the html too.

        --Andrew