Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Website udpate for Inspiron 8200

  • John Britton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Thanks Jamie,

      Good, clear layout - finally enabled me to get the volume keys working on my
      i82k.

      Two points for Mandrake users (at least Mandrake 9.0 users)

      1. Your customisable startup script is in "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" . Put any
      commands in before the line beginning "touch" etc, which is the existing last
      line in the file

      2. Also if you're using a USB mouse add "usbmouse" to the "/etc/modules" file
      and then when you've rebooted (or issued "modprobe usbmouse" as root) with
      the changes to your X config file as outlined by Jamie, your usb mouse should
      work fine.

      Hope this is helpful to somebody, John.

      --
      Centre for Bioengineering,