Is 1600x1200 on a 14" display ok?

  • Vitaliano Ciulli
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 10:37 AM
      Hello,

      I found a nice offer for an i4150 with a 14" display UXGA (1600x1200
      resolution) but I am still a bit afraid of such a high resolution.
      I plan to install RedHat on it and it's clear that the default X settings
      would result in unreadable text.
      I tried to go through the previous mails on the subject but I am a bit
      confused.
      It is enough to change the dpi and/or to change the font size? And what
      happens then to the icons? I heard that now RedHat allows to use
      small/medium/big icons/fonts like windows, but I haven't found this option
      in RH7.2...
      Does the screen looks ok with lower resolution? I have been told it does
      but that is opposite to my past experience with LCD displays...

      Any help (solutions and problems found by other people) would be very
      welcome.
      Thank you.

      Vitaliano

      PS: by the way, taking a lower resolution screen (like 1400x1050 which I
      have seen working) would result in a higher cost...