Website udpate for Inspiron 8200

  • James D Strandboge
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      I have made several updates to my i8200 site. Please check it out--
      feedback is welcome!

      http://jpstrand.homeip.net/user/delli8200/delli8200.html

      Jamie Strandboge

      --
      Email: jstrand1@...
      GPG/PGP ID: 26384A3A
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        Thanks Jamie,

        Good, clear layout - finally enabled me to get the volume keys working on my
        i82k.

        Two points for Mandrake users (at least Mandrake 9.0 users)

        1. Your customisable startup script is in "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" . Put any
        commands in before the line beginning "touch" etc, which is the existing last
        line in the file

        2. Also if you're using a USB mouse add "usbmouse" to the "/etc/modules" file
        and then when you've rebooted (or issued "modprobe usbmouse" as root) with
        the changes to your X config file as outlined by Jamie, your usb mouse should
        work fine.

        Hope this is helpful to somebody, John.

        --
        Centre for Bioengineering,