Re: Linux RH 8.0 Anyone tried it?

  • Michael Dowling
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., "Allen Mapalo" <a_mapalo@h...> wrote:

      > Just heard aboout the beta release of RH 8.0. If any one has got
      > it please post. It sounds like it will automatically recognise my
      > hardware, and get my gui running. Running 7.2 currently in text
      > mode on my I8200 with geforce 4 go on a uxga display. Anyone with
      > the same config, please post your XF86Config-4 file. Ineed to
      > figure out how to cut and paste a working config file to get my
      > gui running. Loving linux. Thanks in advance. Allen

      Well, I can put a working XF86Config-4 file from the SXGA screen,
      rather than the UXGA. That should probably get you started.

      Check the Files section on the web page, in the relevant directory
      there is now one for your screen (Mdk 9), and my one for RH7.2
      Between the two files, you ought to be able to sort it out.