Changing boot BIOS splash on i2800?

  • Mcleod, Ian
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2002

      I would like to customise my boot splash. I found some utilities linked on
      the Yahoo Dell Linux site although I received the error message that my BIOS
      could not be changed when I tried out the Windows version of the
      applications.

      Anyone have any success here?

      Ian McLeod
    • mchristoph.eckert@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2002
        Am Montag, 30. September 2002 08:30 schrieb Mcleod, Ian:

        > Anyone have any success here?

        Yes, got it. I booted from a bootable DOS-Floppy and did it.

        Gruß

        ce

        ======
        Installation von SuSE 8.0 auf einem Dell Inspiron 8200
        http://home.t-online.de/home/mchristoph.eckert/inspiron8200/
        ======
      • Mcleod, Ian
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2002
          Where did you get that bootable?

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
            Am Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2002 01:18 schrieb Mcleod, Ian:
            > Where did you get that bootable?

            Oh,

            I created from an Win98 machine and then copieed the tool and
            the pict to the Disk. Then I botted my notebook from this
            disk and installed the pict. Did work very fine.

            Gruß

            ce

            ======
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002