Re: Dell Precision M50 laptop support

  • tmgmdacc
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2002
      M50 with RH 7.3. I just purchased
      two Dell M50's and I'm having trouble setting-up
      RedHat Linux 7.3 - for cancer research. I installed
      without X at start-up then loaded the Nvidia drivers
      and compiled them from tar and also from the RSPM
      files. I then tried using the sample XConfig file to
      edit the XConfig-4 file. The X windows (with startx)
      crashes on start-up. Can I get an Xconfig-4 file from
      you or do have any advice?

      Thomas Guerrero, M.D., Ph.D.
      Assistant Professor
      U. of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center