Kernel compile to add Dell modules freezes

  • oilpatchdog
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2002
      I'm runing RH 7.3 on an i8200 with no (unusual problems)

      I recompiled the kernel to remove NFS support, add read support for
      the NTFS file system, and add the Dell module support. The compile
      went OK (I think I know how to do that).

      I made a bzdisk, but the boot freezes after the line "Freeing unused
      kernel memory..."

      Anyone know what could be causing this? The Kernel HOWTO doesn't
      mention it.

      Thanks to all.