[linux-dell-laptops] pilot-xfer on the I3500

  • eva
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 1999
      hello,

      i have an inspiron 3500 running redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.12. i also own a
      palm III. i've been having consistent problems using pilot-xfer 0.9.4
      to sync my palm via the serial port. it inevitably fails halfway
      through the sync with a bunch of "weird packet" errors. reducing the
      baud rate via the PILOTRATE variable does not seem to help.

      syncing works fine under windows 98, so i'm pretty sure the serial port
      is physically OK. i've used the pilot-link package in the past with my
      old dell desktop, so i'm pretty sure that pilot-xfer is stable. my only
      theory is that I/O support under linux is not entirely reliable for
      funny laptop hardware.

      does anyone else have an I3500 and successfully use it to sync with a
      palm? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

      -> eva