[linux-dell-laptops] Video problem

  • mittewil@bigfoot.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 11:05 AM
      I have a Latitude CP M233XT running Redhat 6.0 and when the display
      suspends I get a corrupted display. I have to ctrl-alt-backspace to
      kill the X-server to correct the problem. Does anyone know how to
      correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
      bios?

      TIA,
      Bill Mittelstadt

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15 1:14 PM
        On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:40 -0700, you wrote:

        >Does anyone know how to
        >correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
        >bios?

        I don't know about this. Which window manager are U using ?

        Neil

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 16 6:17 AM
          <37974122.34585173-@...> wrote:
          =15
          > On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:05:40 -0700, you wrote:
          >
          > >Does anyone know how to
          > >correct this or is the only solution to disable this feature in the
          > >bios?
          >
          > I don't know about this. Which window manager are U using ?
          >
          > Neil

          I am using gnome but it also does this in kde or when xdm is running.

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops
        • bkitchen@slxcg01.csw.l-3com.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10, 1999
            I have a Dell Latitude CPiA laptop running Red Hat Linux 5.2. After
            some hacking, we managed to get it to run X even with the notorious
            Neomagic 256 chipset. Except for one thing: when you close the screen
            (causing the machine to suspend), and then reopen it, the graphics are
            corrupted. This is not a problem in Windows. I am assuming that the
            graphics card gets shut down on a suspend, and must be reinitialized,
            which is handled nicely by the Windows drivers but not by Linux. I
            notice you posted a query for help about a similar problem with your
            Latitude CP M233XT. Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

            - Brent Kitchen

            =14