Re: XF86Config-4

  • richhudak
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
      Okay, you're info helped a ton. Thanks so much! Two things
      though. One, now, everytime I boot, I get an error that
      the "NVDriver Kernel Module failed" So, I reinstall the driver and
      I'm good to go, but it's everytime I reboot. Got any ideas? Next,
      I think I can help you with your wireless. I configured my ORiNOCO
      card to work. Let me know if you need help, and any info on my
      problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dave!

      - Rich

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Dave Patton <dave@m...> wrote:
      > You can find my XF86Config-4 file as well as my How-to at
      > http://www.mymobile.info/linux
      >
      > Hope it helps
      >
      > Dave Patton
      >
      > On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 09:07, richhudak wrote:
      >
      > Could someone please post their XF89Config-4 file for me?
      Here's
      > the story.
      >
      > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 with the GeForce2Go Video Card.
      I'm
      > dual booting XP Home and Red Hat 7.3
      >
      > The problem, as with most posts these days, are with the video
      > drivers. I go through the install and it only comes up with
      the
      > VESA Driver (generic) and an unprobed monitor.
      >
      > I get the .tar files from nvidia and follow the HOWTO.
      Everything
      > goes smoothly and it even starts X. But... then the
      perverbial sh*t
      > hits the fan when I reboot and now get the following error.
      -----
      > Fatal Server Error:
      > No Screens Found
      >
      > XIO: fata IO error 104 (Connection Reset by Peer) on X
      Server :"0.0"
      > after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events
      remaining.
      -----

      > I've heard to stay away from the RPMS and use the .tars What
      are
      > everyone's feelings here? If anyone has done this driver
      update and
      > has a similar PC, please e-mail me at richhudak@h...
      >
      > Thanks for your time in advance!
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.
    • Dave Patton
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
        I get all kinds of messages in my startup log as well.  Specifically with sound and ALSA, but it seems to work anyways.  Is it just the message that it failed, or do things actually stop working.  Because if it works, then just ignore the message.

        Dave

        Service.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • hooverone2002
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2002
          I am having the same problem Fatal Server Error:No Screens Found on a
          I82000K, 64MB nVidia GeForce4Go 440,on Debian Woody, no screens found
          when I type in startx, the first time I tried startx it worked,
          altough after I rebooted I recieve the error. I tried the url
          although it does not seem to be available. What seems to be the fix
          for this error?

          Jim