Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: dvd playback on i8200 w/ nvidia card

  • Rodney Gordon II
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hmm.

      Make sure that you have hdparm'ed the drive up.. run it again and check
      to make sure everything changed...

      Do a 'hdparm -i /dev/hdb' and paste your results here, should look
      similar to this:

      meff@falcon:~$ sudo hdparm -i /dev/hdb

      /dev/hdb:

      Model=Samsung CD-RW/DVD-ROM SN-308B, FwRev=E005, SerialNo=
      Config={ Fixed Removeable DTR<=5Mbs DTR>10Mbs nonMagnetic }
      RawCHS=0/0/0, TrkSize=0, SectSize=0, ECCbytes=0
      BuffType=unknown, BuffSize=0kB, MaxMultSect=0
      (maybe): CurCHS=0/0/0, CurSects=0, LBA=yes, LBAsects=0
      IORDY=on/off, tPIO={min:120,w/IORDY:120}, tDMA={min:120,rec:120}
      PIO modes: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
      DMA modes: sdma0 sdma1 sdma2 mdma0 mdma1 *mdma2
      AdvancedPM=no
      Drive conforms to: ATA-3 X3T13 2008D revision 7 and 7a: 2 3

      If it works fine in windows, its for sure a issue with interfacing it in
      linux.

      Make sure you've tried mplayer as 'mplayer -dvd 1 -vo sdl'

      GL.

      -r

      --
      Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff@...

      -->
      "For the man who has everything... Penicillin."
      -- F. Borquin