swsusp + eepro100 -> hang

  • Paul Stodghill
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      I've manged to get the software suspend patch for 2.4.18 basically
      working (http://swsusp.sourceforge.net, I believe).

      The problem that I have is that, on resume, if I "insmod eepro100" (for
      instance, if I bring up eth0), the machine hangs.

      Does anyone know of a solution to this?

      Thanks.
    • Rodney Gordon II
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
        SWSUSP is in a highly developmental state.. view the swsusp.c source
        code and mail the maintainer of the code with your error, dmesg, etc..

        -r

        --
        Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff@...

        -->
        Life is like bein' on a mule team. Unless you're the lead mule, all the
        scenery looks about the same.
      • chintaylors
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
          I've done lots of suspend/resume cycles with the patched
          2.4.18 and software suspend on my I8100 and not had
          any troubles with bringing up eth0 and connecting to the
          network via ethernet. You might want to try installing
          the pci-saveconfig script by van der Goot and Park
          and using it in apmcontinue. I include my slightly
          modified apmcontinue script below. Good luck,
          - Greg

          #!/bin/sh
          #
          # Originally "apmcontinue" by:
          # 2001/4/29 Marcel van der Goot <vdgoot@...>
          # Modfied to "apm_i8000" by:
          # 2001/09/18 Alfred Park <alfpark@...>
          #

          case "$1" in
          start)
          logger "in apm continue for start"
          logger "Saving PCI configurations for i815 PCI host bridge and
          ActionTec
          NIC/56k card"
          pushd /var/state
          umask u=rw,g=r,o=r
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 0 -dev 0 -s 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 2 -dev 6 -s 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 8 -dev 4 -s 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 8 -dev 8 -s 2>&1 | logger
          popd
          ;;
          suspend,standby) logger "in apm continue for suspend today"
          logger "I feel the need to rest now"
          /export/home/roc/gtaylor/bin/netstop
          ifdown eth0 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/rmmod eepro100
          ;;
          resume)
          logger "in apm continue for resume today"
          logger "I feel lucky"
          kbdrate -r 22
          logger "Restoring PCI configurations for i815 PCI host bridge
          and ActionTec NIC/56k card"
          pushd /var/state
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 0 -dev 0 -r 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 2 -dev 6 -r 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 8 -dev 4 -r 2>&1 | logger
          /sbin/pci-saveconfig -bus 8 -dev 8 -r 2>&1 | logger
          popd
          ifup eth0 2>&1 | logger
          logger "trying to restore network"
          /etc/init.d/network stop
          /sbin/rmmod eepro100
          /etc/init.d/network start
          # lets try to fix the cdrom
          /sbin/rmmod ide-cd
          /sbin/modprobe ide-cd
          ;;
          esac

          # Do not use "exit": this script is sourced, not executed as a
          # separate process!

          --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Paul Stodghill <stodghil@c...> wrote:
          > I've manged to get the software suspend patch for 2.4.18 basically
          > working (http://swsusp.sourceforge.net, I believe).
          >
          > The problem that I have is that, on resume, if I "insmod eepro100"
          (for
          > instance, if I bring up eth0), the machine hangs.
          >
          > Does anyone know of a solution to this?
          >
          > Thanks.
        • Rodney Gordon II
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
            Just a quick reminder to I8200 users, you guys don't need to save pci
            configs, the BIOS does it properly :)

            -r

            Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff@...

            -->