Mandrake8.2 on I8100 :- Mouse not working HELP !

  • css_jay99
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi all I am very new to Linux.
      My system is I8100, 1.13Ghz CPU, Gforce2go 32Mb, 15" TFT ...

      I have installed Mandrake8.2. But find that During installation:-

      If I add on a user, the mouse/touch pad works in X windows but not
      when I log in as root. it cursor just stays dead in middle of screen.

      Does this have to do with the fact that I need to install new nvidia
      drivers

      Also what monitor type should I use during installation.

      A simple step by step approach will be highly appreciated.

      what will be the command to give a user the same powers as a root user

      Thanks

      Carlton