strange touchpad behaviour after resume

  • rumtictac
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi folks, I've recently installed redhat 7.3 on my dell i8000 and have
      noticed a couple of strange suspend/resume things.

      First, it seems that the touchpad behaves strangely after a suspend
      (to ram) and then resume. A single tap seems to be taken as a double
      click or something. A single tap on a window title will shade the
      window (double click) but a second single tap on the shaded title
      doesn't unshade the window. The only way I've managed to get things
      right again is to go into the BIOS setup (Fn Setup) and flip through
      the pages and then jump back out, and then maybe go to a virtual
      terminal other than the one X is running on and then flip back to X
      and things seem to be "fixed"... wierd. Has anyone else seen this?

      Also, on the topic of suspend/resume, the machine doesn't always
      suspend when the display is closed, although the bios is configured to
      suspend on close. To get this working I forced a susped (Fn Suspend)
      and then resumed and since then closing the display seems to suspend
      the machine properly. Again, pretty wierd.

      Any ideas?

      I'm off to try the synaptics touch pad driver.

      Cheers,
      Derek