Re: [linux-dell-laptops] I5000 keyboard layout

  • Francesco Corona
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
      On Friday 30 August 2002 09:36, you wrote:
      > I have an Inspiron 5000 (and Redhat 7.3 and KDE 3.0.2, if it's relevant).
      > I'm trying to figure out the most appropriate keyboard layout to use. The
      > choices in the Redhat 7.3 installation start with 101 keys. I count 87
      > individual keys, and I'm not sure how many Fn+key key combinations count
      > for this purpose.

      in my XF86Config-4 (4.0.3) I set this:

      Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier "Built-in Dell Inspiron 5000 Keyboard"
      Driver "Keyboard"
      Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
      Option "CoreKeyboard"
      Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
      Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
      Option "XkbLayout" "it"

      as for the kde (2.1.1), in Control Center -> Personalization -> Keyboard
      Layout it goes like:

      Keyboard Model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
      Primary Layout: Italian

      this set up has shown to be pretty good so far, let alone several
      not-that-bad problems that occured when I try to export to .PS or .DVI from
      you might need to do sometrivial adjusting if you have different software's
      versions/keyboard's model.