Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Question on S2D - used to be Re: S2D Info

  • Peter Møller Neergaard
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2002
      On August 31, 2002, you wrote:

      dw> So, it'd be great if I could use the s2d utility
      dw> without having to redo my system all over again.

      The only way to achieve this is to use Partition Magic or another
      repartition tool to change the layout of your harddisk.
      Unfortunately, it seems that only the commercial versions are capable
      of handling NTFS.

      Also, mind you that it only few people that actually succeeds on
      getting the BIOS S2D to work (personally, I'm one of the unlucky ones
      who have wasted hours trying various combinations).

      /Peter
      --
      http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
      ``When you have had all the experiences, met all the famous people,