I5000 keyboard layout

  • artemista1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30, 2002
      I have an Inspiron 5000 (and Redhat 7.3 and KDE 3.0.2, if it's relevant). I'm trying
      to figure out the most appropriate keyboard layout to use. The choices in the
      Redhat 7.3 installation start with 101 keys. I count 87 individual keys, and I'm not
      sure how many Fn+key key combinations count for this purpose.

      Thanks for the help, and my apologies for the basic question...

      -- Artemista
    • artemista1

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2002
          On Friday 30 August 2002 09:36, you wrote:
          > I have an Inspiron 5000 (and Redhat 7.3 and KDE 3.0.2, if it's relevant).
          > I'm trying to figure out the most appropriate keyboard layout to use. The
          > choices in the Redhat 7.3 installation start with 101 keys. I count 87
          > individual keys, and I'm not sure how many Fn+key key combinations count
          > for this purpose.

          in my XF86Config-4 (4.0.3) I set this:

          Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier "Built-in Dell Inspiron 5000 Keyboard"
          Driver "Keyboard"
          Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
          Option "CoreKeyboard"
          Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
          Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
          Option "XkbLayout" "it"
          EndSection

          as for the kde (2.1.1), in Control Center -> Personalization -> Keyboard
          Layout it goes like:

          Keyboard Model: Generic 105-key (Intl) PC
          Primary Layout: Italian

          this set up has shown to be pretty good so far, let alone several
          not-that-bad problems that occured when I try to export to .PS or .DVI from
          KLyX.
          you might need to do sometrivial adjusting if you have different software's
          versions/keyboard's model.

          Francesco