Linux Distros on a Inspiron 4150

  • dan_aka_master
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hey guys. I just joined. I just got my Inspiron 4150 on Tuesday and
      I put red hat 7.3 on here. I partitioned with the disk druid, and
      was forced to use ext3 which kinda disappointed me because I
      would've rather used ReiserFS. I'm curious if anyone else here has
      had any luck putting another distro on thier 4150 like Caldera
      OpenLinux 3.1.1, Debian, SuSe, Mandrake. I had tried Caldera
      OpenLinux and it installed but I got an error when booted with
      agpart kept failing and it would boot into a text mode asking for my
      network info (noob here)... Mandrake wouldn't install for me and I
      forget why.. heh..

      So, Anyone here have any distro's besides RedHat on thier 4150?