Re: XF86Config-4 for the i8k2

  • yomen0208
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 28, 2002
      thing about that is you are booting in to init 5, i want to boot in
      to init 3 and then go into x with startx. now i can boot into init 3
      but then the only way i can get in to x is by going through either
      xdm, kdm, or gdm, which is quite annoying.

      thanks,
      -Matt

      PS Gentoo is beautiful isn't it?*S*

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Marc Herren <maildrop@d...> wrote:
      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > Sorry but I didn't follwo you're thread. Just wannted to say that
      I've
      > got X succesfully running on an i8200 under Gentoo ( 1.2, moving
      to 1.4
      > in September :) )
      >
      > I simply followed the instructions of the gentoo desktop guide.
      >

      > greets
      >
      > marc
      >
      > On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 23:26, yomen0208 wrote:
      > > gentoo has a system called emerge, which installs everything you
      need
      > > (it even searchs through everything you've installed to insure
      it is
      > > uptodate and all the dependences are met) so i know everything
      is
      > > installed, i'll do the echo thing and talk to the folks at
      gentoo.

      > > thanks,
      > > -Matt

    • yomen0208