Touchpad?

  • donroberto45
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2002
      What steps do I need to take to get the touchpad working on my dell
      x200. I've tried using the symnaptic driver, but it didn't work.

      The ouput of "tpconfig -i" is "fatal: Cannot open PS/2 port [/dev/psaux]"

      When XFree 4.2 starts, it crashes and says
      "no synaptics touchpad detected and no repeater device
      Unable to initialize Synaptics Hardware

      Fatal Server error:
      Caught signal 11. Server aborting"

      Does anyone have a working XFree4.2 config for the Lattitude x200?

      Can I set it up like a regular mouse without fooling with all the
      touchpad drivers and stuff?