[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Mandrake 6.1 on Dell Latitude CS? YES!

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:08:32 +0000, you wrote:

      >On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:57:51 -0800, you wrote:
      >
      >>My only problem righ now is sound. Anyone know how to get sound on a
      >>newer Dell Latitude with the neomagic sound chipset operational?
      >
      >have a look in the list arrchives. I posted the URL of a beta driver for the
      >neomagic 256.

      This is the link,

      http://www.uglx.org/sony.html

      plus see:

      http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd/lcpt333.html
    • Piet Theijssen
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        Hi Neil,

        I,ve got he Inspiron with also the neomagic chipset and I used the Microsoft
        Sound Module to get some sound out of my Dell.

        Good luck and greetings,

        Piet Theijssen

        Email: Piet.Theijssen@...
        On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:08:32 +0000, you wrote:

        >On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:57:51 -0800, you wrote:
        >
        >>My only problem righ now is sound. Anyone know how to get sound on a
        >>newer Dell Latitude with the neomagic sound chipset operational?
        >
        >have a look in the list arrchives. I posted the URL of a beta driver for
        the
        >neomagic 256.

        This is the link,

        http://www.uglx.org/sony.html

        plus see:

        http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd/lcpt333.html

        Looking for the latest consumer electronic gadgets or computer
        equipment? eBay has thousands of audio equipment, computer
        games & accessories. You never know what you might find at eBay!
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1142

        -- eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1
        -- Free email groups at eGroups.com
      • Terrence J. O'Connor
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
          I purchased a cd-burner to work with my dell inspiron 3k laptop. The burner
          is connected through a PCMCIA card. Currently I am running RedHat 6.1 and a
          Windows dual-boot. Under windows, the device works fine. Under Linux, I am
          having problems making the device emulate a SCSI device since this is what
          most cd-recording programs expect. I can read from the device but not write
          to it. Can anyone help me? Thank you.