ALSA pop/clicks when opening/closing device

  • Rodney _meff_ Gordon II
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 17, 2002
      On my i8200:

      I got alsa working semi-ok by disabling APM, but it pops and clicks
      loudly when the device is opened or closed.. I thought this was
      discussed earlier sometime, I don't remember..

      There a way to fix it?

      -r

      --
      Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff@...

      -->
      The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.
    • marknshasha
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17, 2002
        hey i am using gentoo linux, what i had to do is forget alsa, i get
        it working perfect with kernel drivers (built in) Sound card support
        and using the intel ICH i8xx audio support, this is the only was i
        got it working, and it works good,
        what other things do you use on the motherboard in linux? cause i
        had irq conflicts with something, not sure how i figured it.
        but now, esound in gnome works perfect, and i use oss for xmms and
        xine, works great,
        contact me if you need any help
        markymark_2k@...
        hope i can get you somewhere i worked on this for weeks until it
        finally worked, lots of people having this problem nobody really
        found a solution :)
        cheers mate

        --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Rodney _meff_ Gordon II <meff@p...>

      • mchristoph.eckert@t-online.de
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 18, 2002
          Am Sonntag, 18. August 2002 05:19 schrieb Rodney _meff_ Gordon
          II:

          > I got alsa working semi-ok by disabling APM, but it pops
          > and clicks loudly when the device is opened or closed.. I
          > thought this was discussed earlier sometime, I don't
          > remember..

          Hi,

          see my page for a hack, ALSA with an OSS-driver.

          After using this, also the WinModem does not freeze the whole
          machine when disconnecting on my SuSE 8.0.

          There is an ALSA-Update and I installed the SuSE-RPMs. Then I
          had some filesystem-errors and a non more booting machine. I
          had to repartition and reinstalling everything. That's SuSE.

          Gruß

          ce

          ======
          Installation von SuSE 8.0 auf einem Dell Inspiron 8200
          http://home.t-online.de/home/mchristoph.eckert/inspiron8200/
          ======