[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Mandrake 6.1 on Dell Latitude CS? YES!

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
      On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:57:51 -0800, you wrote:

      >My only problem righ now is sound. Anyone know how to get sound on a
      >newer Dell Latitude with the neomagic sound chipset operational?

      have a look in the list arrchives. I posted the URL of a beta driver for the
      neomagic 256.

      Neil
    • Neil
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
        On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:08:32 +0000, you wrote:

        >On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:57:51 -0800, you wrote:
        >
        >>My only problem righ now is sound. Anyone know how to get sound on a
        >>newer Dell Latitude with the neomagic sound chipset operational?
        >
        >have a look in the list arrchives. I posted the URL of a beta driver for the
        >neomagic 256.

        This is the link,

        http://www.uglx.org/sony.html

        plus see:

        http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd/lcpt333.html
      • Piet Theijssen
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 1999
          Hi Neil,

          I,ve got he Inspiron with also the neomagic chipset and I used the Microsoft
          Sound Module to get some sound out of my Dell.

          Good luck and greetings,

          Piet Theijssen

          Email: Piet.Theijssen@...
          On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:08:32 +0000, you wrote:

          >On Mon, 01 Nov 1999 07:57:51 -0800, you wrote:
          >
          >>My only problem righ now is sound. Anyone know how to get sound on a
          >>newer Dell Latitude with the neomagic sound chipset operational?
          >
          >have a look in the list arrchives. I posted the URL of a beta driver for
          the
          >neomagic 256.

          This is the link,

          http://www.uglx.org/sony.html

          plus see:

          http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd/lcpt333.html

          Looking for the latest consumer electronic gadgets or computer
          equipment? eBay has thousands of audio equipment, computer
          games & accessories. You never know what you might find at eBay!
          http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1142

          -- eGroup Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?m=1
          -- Free email groups at eGroups.com
        • Terrence J. O'Connor
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
            I purchased a cd-burner to work with my dell inspiron 3k laptop. The burner
            is connected through a PCMCIA card. Currently I am running RedHat 6.1 and a
            Windows dual-boot. Under windows, the device works fine. Under Linux, I am
            having problems making the device emulate a SCSI device since this is what
            most cd-recording programs expect. I can read from the device but not write
            to it. Can anyone help me? Thank you.