A nice robust pcmcia network card.

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2002
      Netgear FA411
      10/100 PCMCIA NIC
      This card is great :)
      I've used it for about 9 months now, put it through hell and back, and it's
      still begging for more LOL
      the casing is now slightly bent (maybe only a degree or two, but it's
      noticeable) it's been left in a HOT car durring the middle of the day for a
      few hours (or more)
      and it's still in perfect working order.
      it's also easy to set up in linux (most newer distros just pick it up
      automagicaly, but it uses the pcnet_cs module and the 8390 module)

      it's also inexpensive. I like it.
      any other good cards out there? if anyone wants to let people know which
      cards to try and which to avoid...
      it might be helpful to newbies/myself/anyone looking for an easy solution for
      their dell laptop

      --Andrew