lilo disappeared

  • madgoks
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2002
      I installed rh7 on my i82k and while setup opted to install lilo in
      the mbr….. after installing rh completely… my laptop boots to win xp
      automatically…. I had chosen linux as my default boot option…! Can
      anyone pls help n tell me where my lilo disappeared?

      My 30 gb hdd is partitioned as follows….
      1. cylinder 0-66: unpartitioned space……….. I intended to get my
      laptop to suspend to the hdd…. So I thought I'd leave space for it….
      2. then a 50mb partition for /boot
      3. 6gb for win xp… ntfs
      4. extended partition for the rest of the stuff, which contains
      1. 5 gb partition for /
      2. 512mb swap
      3. 2 gb for /home
      4. then 3 4gb fat32 partitions for win