Re: LILO/GRUB in MBR or /boot - pros and cons?

  • epark
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 2, 2002
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@y..., Rick Green <rtg@a...> wrote:
      > 'active partition' flag, so if you wish to implement s2d, you must
      > use a MBR such as the old DOS loader which supports this algorithm.

      Hi Rick,

      Do you know whether NTLDR supports that 'active partition' flag? I'd
      assume yes, otherwise s2d wouldn't work under WinNT/2K/XP, right?

      Cheers,
      Ed
      Linux Guide: http://geocities.com/epark/linux
    • Stephen Lau
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2002
        winnt/2k/xp uses its own suspend to disk/hibernate file scheme...it doesn't use
        a separate partition system the way linux does. it hibernates to a file on the
        windows filesystem.

        -steve

        --
        stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21